Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Angel - Hero Review


So I finally got Angel! I've been wanting Angel for a while, ever since I knew that his second power attack heals teammates! How useful for group missions!

Anyway, let's jump right into this review.

---

DETAILING


Angel has some cool detailing like the halo symbol on his chest and the wing feathers. It's simple and directly echoes the comics, but there's not a whole lot of detail.

I give Angel's detailing a 5/10!

EXPLORATION


From now on in my reviews I'm only going to mention exploration if it surprises me somehow, and Angel certainly surprised me with his wing-aided double jump! Pretty cool!

VOICING

The voice seems to fit Angel well and I think it sounds like Antony Del Rio but I haven't been able to find confirmation of this.

I give Angel's voicing a 8.5/10!

FIGHTING


Angel fights with a series of sweeping aerial punches and is a little all over the place, but I appreciate the different fighting style. I haven't yet unlocked his healing power attack but I know that once you get it it's pretty useful.

I give Angel's fighting a 7.1/10!

COOL FACTOR

While Angel isn't the coolest hero on the block, his abilities of flight are pretty awesome and in the comics he later turns into a great X-Men anti-hero, Archangel.

Archangel

I give Angel's cool factor a 4.9/10!

OVERALL

Overall, Angel is a good hero to have, especially since he has a healing ability. And the best thing is, he's only 300 gold right now in the shop, and come to think of it, they put poor Gambit at only 150 gold! Why don't they just improve his damage and attack speed instead? Ahem, anyway, if you have a few extra gold pieces, pick up Angel!

I give Angel an overall score of 6.3! :D

---

Anyway, so I decided to get "just one" Green Goblin mystery box to see if I'd get him. I didn't, of course. And now I have a great new Bag goodie!

Really spiffy.
But then I couldn't stop myself and got another one, and yet again I did not get Green Goblin.
This helped me learn an important lesson:

ONLY RICH SHSOFANS CAN GET THE BEST MYSTERY BOX PRIZES!

Sigh. Anyway, there are a few other things worth mentioning.

First of all, you can get a free void potion by entering the code "VOIDPTN".


It's pretty cool. But I'm sure it'll be available in the store soon.

Anyway, I'm not sure when my next What-If will be out, but I haven't started working on it yet so probably not too soon. That may change anytime, though.

-- SHSOFan.