Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

SHSO What-If: Playable Villains in SHSO!

What if, in SHSO, you had the option of playing as villains as well as heroes? If so, what villains would come out around Halloween? Well, let's find out...


So today I noticed that on Super Hero Squad Online's Facebook page there were two mysterious teasers for the promised upcoming "Month of the Villains", where we finally will be able to play as the villains as well as heroes! I hadn't been able to log in yesterday, there was a huge amount of lag, but today I just had to get in to see the new characters so I tried over and over again and finally succeeded.
The new characters were available in the store, and I bought both of them to review for this blog...


So let's see, it's time for a Hero Review of Carnage. You'll notice he's already level five. That's because I played three missions with him as well as got all his hero tokens. I also had a few left over Hero Up potions for Hobgoblin and him, and I just HAD to see his second emote.

---


So, yeah, Carnage. Pretty scary for a kid-friendly game, but they toned him down a lot like they did with Punisher.


EXPLORATION

Carnage has one of the coolest set-ups in the game right now, one of my favorites if not my favorite.
He doesn't have a double jump or anything but what stands out is his "flight."
He flies by shooting those spider-venom strands out of his hands and pulling himself up onto buildings.


It's really unique and makes you look really cool.

I give his EXPLORATION a 4.7/5! :D

FIGHTING

I didn't get a picture of him fighting, sadly. The game was too laggy today and I thought that if i took a picture it might crash. BUT ANYWAY... his fighting style resembles Spiderman's a lot, but a bit faster. It's generally unimpressive, and though his Hero Up is unique, (strands of venom-webbing slither out of him and wrap enemies in cocoons), it takes a bit too long for my taste.

I give his FIGHTING a 3.9/5!

COOL FACTOR


Carnage makes a frightening sight roaming the city, and his unique mode of EXPLORATION is pretty cool. He has a funny and pretty cool second power emote where he writes, "Carnage Rules!" on the ground. His overall look could still use some work, though.

I give his COOL FACTOR a 4/5! :D

OVERALL: Overall, Carnage could use some work, but he is a good, solid choice for fans of the new "Month of the Villains" theme SHSO is going for.

---

And now a somewhat shorter review of Hobgoblin, (my computer crashed while I was taking pictures of him so there aren't too many pictures).


EXPLORATION

Hobgoblin, like Carnage, can not jump, but he can fly using his glider. It's fun, and feels faster then it really is.

I give his EXPLORATION a 4.7/5! :D

FIGHTING

I only got in one mission with Hobgoblin, but it was enough to tell that he will be fun to max, just because of his fighting style. He throws pumpkin bombs, weird ghost-type things that explode into nets, and all sorts of other tricks. His Hero Up, where he flies around on his glider, smashing into people, is awesome, fast and powerful.

I give his FIGHTING a 4.5/5! :D


COOL FACTOR

Hobgoblin isn't the coolest villain around, and I would have preferred it if he could be on his glider the whole time, like Silver Surfer.

I give his COOL FACTOR a 2.5/5!

Well, I guess that wraps up my reviews for today.
Tune in next week when the "Month of the Villains" continues, this time with playable versions of Sandman and Apocalypse! :D

-- SHSOFan.


---

So hi again, this time in the real world! I'm sorry this What-If took so long to complete, I had a ton of other projects, I was busy, etc. I'm glad you guys voted the What-If on my "What Should My 100th Post Be About?" poll, otherwise I might have never been spurred into action!

In other news, I got my other poll voted on as well... looks like I have my work set out for me, modeling, texturing, rendering and compositing the Thunderbolts and Runaways!

Look for the awesome Behind the Scenes of this What-If soon!
Also, today I'll be releasing a review of the new mission, Creatures of the Night!

So yeah, sorry for the lapse in news, I'll try to catch up with everything that's REALLY going on in Super Hero City!

Bye for real!
-- SHSOFan.