Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

What If: Thunderbolts - Week 4 Behind the Scenes

Well, my Thunderbolts What-If series is done! I hope you enjoyed it, it was mostly fun to make, (even though it did eat up a LOT of my time!) and I think it was my best What-If yet.
See below for the last Behind the Scenes, showcasing the awesome group photo at the beginning of my last What-If Week.

---


So obviously to make a group image you need to have a group! I imported all the Thunderbolts into my scene, and then posed them accordingly. To pose them, I referenced the original image, (pre-tampering), that I was going to place them over. I tried to make it look as natural as possible-- Songbird and Ghost float, but you can tell where they are standing. Swordsman is in the middle of the image, because that's who I was pretending to be playing as. I tried to make it look as non-set up as possible. I'm not entirely sure I succeeded. I also made one of Swordsman's swords go through part of Radioactive Man, as though the models collided in game.

Here is the final poses without textures. Notice how I set up a subtle light so that Radioactive Man's arm would shine slightly and not look completely flat.


Here is a wireframe of the image. Not much to say here, it's just pretty. :)


Here is an image I rendered from a different, more dramatic angle. It's completely unedited, and as you can see, Swordsman's reflections are added in post. :)
You may use this as a wallpaper, it's big enough.


Here is the final image! Originally, there was a Spiderman standing where Scourge is now, and he was accessing the Prize Wheel, so I carefully placed Scourge so that he would be using the Prize Wheel, and that was my biggest mistake on this image. It's nearly impossible to use the Prize Wheel and face front at the same time in the game! Oh well, it's still an awesome image. :P

Finally, here are Ghost and Scourge's hero icons. :)




And that wraps up this totally awesome month! I hope you've enjoyed this, it was TONS of work. Whatever's coming next, I'm sure it'll be awesome. And, by the way, if you guys at Gazillion want to do the Thunderbolts, go right ahead. I want to see what you guys come up with officially!! :D In fact, that would be really cool, because then I could compare my What-If images to official ones! :D

Man, now that I said that I really want to play as Scourge in the game.
Well, you guys probably have better things to do, like making an Absorbing Man mission, (please)! :)

-- SHSOFan.