Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

JLA What-If Week 2 - Behind the Scenes



So. Wonder Woman. Rather then try to model her usual costume, which is considerably more elaborate and would have been difficult to pull off, I used a costume variant that looked way cooler, in my humble opinion.


I couldn't find the exact same picture, but the one I referenced didn't have the jacket, so that's why my version doesn't have it.


Wonder Woman's face, though still not quite like SHSO's real female faces, is better then Moonstone and Songbird's faces from my Thunderbirds What-If.
You can also see the texture on the hair, which is not really visible in the final What-If, however I struggled to find an appropriate texture for around five minutes. I ended up blending together multiple textures in my painting program, and it ended up quite nicely.

The full-res hair texture, which you are free to use, (all textures came form various images I got online).
Closer view of the hair texture on the model.

There's obviously a lot more to say here about modeling, lighting, etc, but I'll let this movie I created do the rest of the talking.


In case you're wondering, I composed the music that accompanies this video myself JUST for the video. :D

Anyway, there's one last thing I'd like to talk about in this post.
Every time I release the What-If of the week, I change the background image to show the two new heroes I release, which is something new that I introduced with this What-If. I also put links at the top of this blog in the tab bar to help you navigate the weeks of the What-If. what will happen when both of these features are no longer there? Well, the backgrounds will go back to the way they were before, changing ore or less whenever a new hero is released to showcase that hero. The header image will be changed to a brand new one that I hope will look way better then my old one. And finally, I plan on releasing a special What-Ifs page that will give out links to each What-If post I've ever made, from my Batman TDK What-If to this one. So look for all of that soon. :)

Thanks for reading this Behind the Scenes Post!
If there are questions you may have, you can ask them in the comment section below.

-- SHSOFan.